Being Positive

18:20


♪ Smells Like Summer - Early Hours

Due to one reason or another, I didn't do a blog post as promised yesterday, but I will be making up for it by posting today and tomorrow!

Part of the reason that I want to focus on something this month has been my recent lack of positivity, which to be completely honest, isn't like me at all. I'm not saying that you need to be positive 24/7, but I like to think that the majority of the time I can see the good in every situation. So to get myself back into the mindset, I've compiled a few things which have helped me in the past, and I hope you can get something out of too, to lead a positive life for yourself:

Positive thinking creates positive results
I believe I read somewhere that there was a study on this; you are what you think. If you keep thinking to yourself that you're never going to get that job, then the chances are you won't. The more positive you are with your thoughts, the more that positivity is attracted to you! I know that sounds really new-age-bohemian bullshit, but I've seen it happen both ways.

See the silver lining
Instead of looking at the bad side of a situation you need to openly look for a good side. This one is by far the most difficult thing to be able to do, but once you get the hang of it, it'll come naturally to you. Let's just say that you lose your job; instead of moping around and feeling sorry for yourself, you should think that maybe it wasn't what you were meant for, maybe life is leading you to something better. As I mentioned before it isn't easy by any means but I do feel it makes for a more positive life.

☽ Learn that you can't please everyone
I'm a people pleaser - I don't like to upset anyone or make them feel annoyed. On the flipside, if I felt someone was annoyed with or disliked me, I would try everything in my power to be extra nice to them to make them change their minds. Life doesn't work this way, sometimes people just don't like you, and you've got to accept that and move on. Obviously, don't turn around and be a complete bitch to them, still treat them with respect, but don't go out of your way to make them like you as this only makes you feel worse about yourself. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you, it's just the fact that some people just aren't going to like you for one reason or another, it doesn't make you a bad person it just makes you human. You just need to accept it!

Fake it til you make it
Now this one sounds a little odd I'll admit, but it does work - the brain works in mysterious ways! Not feeling too confident? Pretend that you're confident and walk with your head held high with a beat in your step. Feeling a bit down? Tell yourself that you're gonna have a good day, smile like it's the best day of your life and act happy. Little things like this trick your brain into thinking that you're feeling that way, and it will soon become natural for you to actually feel this way.

I can honestly say that I've used each of these in the past and they have worked wonders for my mindset and positivity. Obviously, these changes don't happen overnight and you need to keep at it for a while, but trust me when I say that they will come! What do you do to stay positive?

You Might Also Like

0 comments