Gratitude Journal #1

16:00



I feel as though gratitude is a very mindful thing, it can help ground you when you feel overwhelmed, and help you to see the bigger picture. You should always be grateful for the big and the little things in life, and I just wanted to document things that I'm grateful for, as and when.

Being able to live cheaply at home
Although I do want to move out as soon as possible, I am extremely grateful that my parents have allowed me to stay relatively cheaply at home. I'm not living here rent free, but it's definitely a lot cheaper than it would have been if I was renting a flat or something. Living here cheaply gives me the freedom to use the rest of my money a bit more freely (although I never go mad), so I don't have to worry so much as to when the next paycheque is going to come through.

Having a good shift work job
To some people, having shift work is a dreaded thing, but I think a lot of people think of it as always being really late night shifts that end at 6 in the morning. I work in a pub, so the latest I get out is possibly 2am (ish), but it means I have the whole day before work in order to get some of my personal projects done. I have plenty of time to work on myself before/after I work depending on whether I'm on a day or evening shift.

☼ Actually enjoying my job
I actually really love my job and wouldn't change it for the world. Obviously, I want to work my makeup business full time in the future, but for now, I really enjoy working in the hospitality trade in a social environment. A lot of people spend their lives in a job that they despise, just because it pays the bills, but I don't ever want to be like that and I'm extremely grateful that that isn't the situation I'm in right now.

☼ Welcoming family
I went up to Norwich to visit my Nana last weekend, and I'm so happy that I did because I haven't seen her since Christmas. I don't like the fact that I don't normally see her, or other family members other than my parents, once a year at Christmas. I've got a relatively small close family and it's always lovely to be able to meet up outside of the holidays.

☼ My lovely red motor
I'm extremely grateful to have my little red car now. It's given me so much independence, and has generally made life easier for me, as I can just get in my car and go wherever I want, whenever I want, rather than relying on my parents or the dreaded public transport. I even drove up to Norwich (as mentioned above) for the first time by myself, which was my first "long haul" drive - it was really tiring but I'm so glad that I did it.

What are you grateful for?

You Might Also Like

0 comments