Reasons I Blog

18:00


I've been blogging on and off for years now under different names. I'm one of those people that will create a blog and stick to it for about a month, completely forget about it, then 6 months later decide to start again with a new account so I can start "for real this time". This is the same for a lot of other aspects of my life, but that's another story for another time. At the end of the day, I always come back to blogging because I absolutely love it and I enjoy writing in my little corner of the internet - here are some reasons why: 

Something to focus on
I'm a very distracted person by nature, so to have something to focus on other than my own thoughts is awesome for me. I've committed to completing BEDA (blog every day in April) this year, and I haven't and don't plan on missing a single day. I'm almost halfway through the month and it's definitely not been an easy task so far, but it's keeping me busy and giving me something to look forward to doing. I'm one of those people that sometimes needs to be forced to do activities, even if I do love them, and blogging every day certainly isn't second nature to me so it's a much-needed challenge that I'm thriving from. 

I know I've created a habit when I can't stop thinking about when I need to write a blog post, what I'm going to write about and if I've scheduled a tweet or not. When these thoughts, and ones of a similar nature, start popping into my mind I know I'm on the right lines. I'm now slightly obsessed with keeping my blog up to date and this is something that I've been wanting to do for quite some time now. It's definitely a positive thing that's been keeping me going in recent weeks.

It's a creative outlet
Since I was very young I have been a creative person; I've never been into academics and always liked the more hands-on subjects at school like drama, art and graphic design. Even when it came to exams, I never failed but I was never a top of the class A* student - I just got by. I seemed to excel when it came to coursework throughout the year though, rather than the one-off big exams we had to take. 

Since school, however, I haven't been as creative as I would have liked - I stopped art, I stopped design...but fast forward a few years and I've found blogging. Although it's not art as the general concept of the word goes, it's an "art form" and I definitely use my blog to fuel that love for creativity. I love curating my own blog from the words, the pictures, to the general aesthetic of my work - I like to be proud of what I put out there.

Gets me out more
I find myself sitting at home scrolling my internet feeds a lot of the time, and this is something that I need to get out of the habit of. I like the idea of blogging about my experiences from restaurants, days out, holidays, hanging with friends, etc, and I can't do that if I sit at home 24/7 with a laptop on my lap. It's kind of obvious, but I need to experience things to be able to write about my experiences; I don't think anyone would be interested in "top 5 tips to not get pins and needles when sitting in the same position all day". 

I want to get out more in general; I signed up for a Cineworld card to do just this, but I also want to use content for my blog as a reason to get out more too. Getting out more, seeing different things, and taking a lot more pictures - that's the goal.

I can express myself
As much as I use this platform to express myself creatively, it's also a great place to express myself emotionally. Although, on the whole, I like to create a positive place for myself and others on the internet, it's also natural to discuss negative things too, as nothing is ever perfectly positive all the time. We all have down days, and sometimes it's can be massively therapeutic to write everything out and put it on your blog; you never know, there may be someone out there reading your blog who can relate wholeheartedly with how you're feeling right now. Some people might find writing something so personal and putting it out there a bit daunting, but more often than not when I do it, I feel like a massive weight has been lifted from my shoulders. 

Do you blog? And if so, why do you blog?

You Might Also Like

0 comments